Vegāns

piektdiena, 2014. gada 24. oktobris

Top 5 Friday I Top 5 lifestyle changes to stay healty

I'm trying my best to stay healthy, because I'm very scared to feel bad, be overweight and feel ill. Tips I'm using everyday are:
* Lose weight - There are countless reasons for losing weight. People who are overweight are more likely to develop heart disease. It can raise blood pressure and blood cholesterol and can lead to diabetes. Losing weight isone of the best ways to reduce your risk of heart problems.
How I control my weight? When i'm bored or frustrated, I'm taking a walk instead of snacking. Usually I'm packing my lunch from home, but sitting in front of computer I'm snacking some carrot sticks. Actuaaly I think I'm carrot addict :D And also I'm looking for ways to incorporate more activity into my daily routine, as simple as I don't use elevator - stairs are my best cardio.
* Healthy and only healty food. I'm always trying to use healthier fats,Low fat dairy, olives, peanut and canola oils. I'm trying hard to eliminate trans fats they can be found in all fried foods, cookies, crackers, snak cakes, instead I'm trying to choose whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are rich in dietary fiber and they are great snack also, my family also like my experiments with vegetable based soups and stir fries.
* Exercise at least 4 days in a week. Wheather You are overweight or not exercise can add so much fun, happyness and pride to Your life. How to stay motivated? I have my exercise buddy so we keep each other motivated and don't let to skip "Only today" :) And remember, it's not always have to be insane workout, at leat take stairs instead of the elevator, do a few situps while comercial.
* Quit smoking, seriously, just quit it! If You smoke STOP!! Just 20 minutes after quitting, your blood pressure decreases, 24 hours and your risk of heart attack decreses. You don't waste your money, you don't stink, you can exercise easyies and it's so easy to be stylish/non smoker.
* Drink some wine or beer only in moderation. For healthy adults, that means up to drink a day for women of all ages and men two drinks for man younger than 65. I like my glas of wine to dinner, but drinking too much can lead to serious health problems.

Make sure the changes You choosed to make You can continue everyday, and don't be dissapointed if you don't see results imediately. Any good thing takes time :)

Good luck!

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru